METELKA, Jakub (*April, 24th 1986)
Czech pianist, teacher and composer, was born in 1986 in Czechoslovakia.
From the age of six he has been playing the piano.At the age of fifteen he started to study The Prague Conservatoire under direction of prof. Frantisek Maxian.
In 2002 he received an award as an absolute winner of the international music competition Concertino Praga.
Five years later in 2007 he graduated with Sergei Rachmaninoff's “Rhapsody on the Theme by Paganini” with The Hradec Kralove Philharmonic Orchestra accompaniment.
In years of 2007 - 2014 he had been teaching piano at the music schools in Prague. Since 2015, he has been focused mainly on his own piano music pieces. In the same year he created two piano works. “Illusions – 10 piano pieces” and “Three studies for piano”. In 2016 he completed a set of thirty piano miniatures named “Children´s Piano Book”, which was published in March 2019 as "Modern Piano Studies" by Bärenreiter Praha publishing house. Recently in 2017 he wrote album of 10 piano exercises for kids named "Little Virtuoso".
- Semifinalist of:2nd International Composition Competition "Maurice Ravel" 2016
- Finalist of: Film Music Composition Competition 2016
- 3rd Prize: 4th International Composition Competition "Artistes en Herbe" Luxembourg 2017
- Finalist of: The 20th International Edvard Grieg Competition for Composers 2017
- Bronze Medal Winner: Global Music Awards 2017