Maria Goso is an Argentinian soprano born in 1984 in the city of Córdoba where she started her music studies at the age of 5.
She finished her education at the Instituto Superior de Arte Teatro Colón under the tutelage of Alejandra Malvino (Vocal technique) and Marcelo Ayub (Repertoire) and currently takes vocal technique lessons with Tenor Raúl Giménez (Barcelona).
She has participated in several Masterclasses with great teachers such as Franca Mattiucci, Alicia Nafé, Graciela De Gyldenfeldt, Rosa Dominguez, Marianne Beate Kielland, Carlos Chausson, Raúl Giménez, Adriana Fernández and Mirella Freni.
And has received scholarships from Fundacion Teatro Colón, Fondo Nacional de las Artes and Fundación Música de Cámara.
Ms. Goso was named one of the 10 outstanding young promises of the year 2018 (Art category) by the Chamber for Commerce of Córdoba. She was awarded in 2017 the Revelation prize from “Asociación de Críticos Musicales de la Argentina” and won in 2016 the Alejandro Cordero Contest. She is one of the latest award winner in the prestigious Argentinian Contest XXIV Concurso Nacional de Estímulo para Jóvenes Concertistas de la Fundación Hebraica Argentina (2nd place).
Amongst her many performances we can name a beautiful production in Teatro Colón of L’ Enfant et les Sortilèges where she portrayed La Mère, La Tasse chinoise and La Libelulle.
For Juventus Lyrica she played the roles of Susanna in le nozze di Figaro, Micaela in Bizet’s Carmen (for which she won the revelation prize from Opera in the World Magazine), Hanna Glawari in Die Lustige Witwe, Euridice in Gluck’s Orfeo & Euridice, Ragonde in Le comte ory, Clotilde in Norma, Kate pinkerton in Puccini’s Madame Butterfly. She also portrayed mozart’s Erste Dame and Rossini’s Berta in Juventus Lyrica spanish productions for children.
For Instituto Superior de Arte Teatro Colón she played in Menotti’s Amahl and the night Visitors the role of The Mother and the role of Amour in their latest production of Les Indes Galantes.
For Sarrìa Catalan Opera she performed The role of Marianna in Il Signor Bruschino.
Other cherished roles in her carrer include Mozart’s Fiordiligi and Countess Rosina of Almaviva and Purcell’s Dido.
Miss Goso has worked with renowed violinist and conductor Manfredo Kraemer in several Baroque music Concerts in which we can highlight Bach Matthäus Passion, Orfeo & Euridice’s production in Córdoba, Argentina and Geminiani’s Scottish music concert in Sevilla, Spain.
Having worked under the tutelage of Maestro Guillermo A. Opitz, Miss Goso is an avid chamber music singer. She has performed in recitals in different parts of the world and won recognition in several contests for her interpretations such as “Primer concurso Lumen Artis de interpretación de música de cámara para canto y piano” (Honourable mention) and “Concurso bicentenario de música de cámara siglos XIX y XX” del Fondo Nacional de las Artes (Honourable Mention)
Role / opera / composer / company / year
- Susana / La Verbena de la Paloma / Tomás Bretón/ La Quinta de Apolo / September 2018
- Amour / Les Indes galantes / J. P. Rameau / Instituto Superior de Arte Teatro Colón/ August 2018
- Dido / Dido & Aeneas / H. Purcell / Teatro Municipal de Rio Cuarto / August 2018
- Berta / Il Barbiere di Siviglia / G. Rossini / Juventus Lyrica / July 2018
- Dame Ragonde / Le Comte Ory / G. Rossini / Juventus Lyrica / November 2017
- Fiordiligi / Così fan tutte / W. A. Mozart / Sol Lírica / October 2017
- Clotilde / Norma / V. Bellini / Juventus Lyrica / May 2017
- La Mére, La Tasse Chinoisse et La Libelulle / L’ Enfant et les Sortilégès / M. Ravel / Teatro Colón / November 2016
- Kate Pinkerton / Madame Butterfly / G. Puccini / Juventus Lyrica / November 2016
- Dido / Dido & Aeneas / H. Purcell / teatro Municipal de Rio Cuarto / Octubre 2016
- Euridice / Orfeo & Euridice / C. W. Glück / Juventus Lyrica / August 2016
- Contessa Rosina de Almaviva / Le Nozze di Figaro / W. A. Mozart / July 2016
2013 - 2018 Instituto Superior de Arte Teatro Colón (Buenos Aires - Argentina).
2012 - Vocal Technique Lessons with Tenor Raúl Giménez (Barcelona - Spain).
2011 - 2018 Fundación Música de Cámara with Maestro Guillermo A. Opitz.
2018 Named one of the 10 outstanding young promises by the chamber of commerce in Cordoba - Argentina.
2016 Asociación de Críticos musicales de la Argentina, Premio Estímulo.
2016 First Prize Alejandro Cordero Contest.
2015 Named one of the Outstanding Sopranos of the season for her interpretation of Micael in Bizet’s Carmen By Opera in the World Magazine.
2014 second place in Alejandro Cordero’s Contest
2013 second place in Fundación Teatro Colón contest.