Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Serve as the principal point of contact and coordinating all logistics for all artists, conductors and musicians performing on Chicago Symphony Orchestra Concerts, MusicNOW, CSO Chamber Series, and any additional series performances as requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with CSO Manager of Artistic Planning for coordination of travel and accommodation for all visiting conductors, guest artists, and composers appearing on Chicago Symphony Orchestra Concerts, MusicNOW, CSO Chamber Series, and any additional series performances as requested.
- Book all travel and accommodations for visiting artists and/or musicians as requested or needed.
- Maintain and establish relationships with local and area hotels and any pertinent vendors. Negotiate contracts with hotels and local vendors to secure competitive rates for accommodations or other items.
- Work closely with artist management to coordinate and secure all performance and program-related details for artist, including rehearsal schedules and orders, individual practice times, string strengths, instrumentation and/or other personnel requirements as required.
- Oversee and coordinate artist, conductor, and musician schedules for all official aspects of artists’ visit to Chicago (including educational activities, Civic Orchestra appearances, development activities, press interviews, fundraising functions, post-concert dinners, etc.)
- Utilizing ArtsVision (AV) software, prepare and administer an itinerary for each artist during his/her week of residency, ensuring accurate coordination with Civic Orchestra, Chicago Symphony Chorus and any other departments to guarantee proper scheduling of all events. Ensure timely delivery of itineraries, schedule, welcome packets, and/or other correspondence to artists and musicians.
- Utilizing ArtsVision (AV) software, book and coordinate all practice room and rehearsal space as needed by artists and/or ensembles.
- In coordination with Artists Assistant, secure and book all dressing rooms for guest artists and ensure that dressing room is cleaned, setup and prepared in advance of guest artist’s arrival.
- Process and track all fee and other payments to artists and conductors of the CSO to ensure timely payment of all fees following an engagement, per terms of contract. Obtain financial information and/or forms from guests artists as required by CSO finance department to ensure accurate payment and reporting. Track all fee payments to artists in CSO accounting system and software as needed and maintain accurate records of artist contracts and payments. Work in coordination with other Artistic Staff to ensure accuracy of CSO budgets and reporting.
- Manage and/or prepare visa work applications on behalf of foreign artists, or coordinate the visa application process with a third party. Oversee and manage the visa petition process to ensure that visas are issued in a timely fashion.
- Maintain supplies for backstage production office and artist hospitality. Purchase supplies for backstage hospitality and office, including but not limited to food items, towels, wardrobe items, and based on needs of artist.
- Ensure that guest artists are present when required at rehearsals, concerts and other activities. Assist artist backstage as required during rehearsals and concerts as needed. Assist with backstage concert duty as required.
- Ensure proper communication of Artist Schedule’s and logistics to Artists Assistant. Work closely with Artists Assistant to coordinate ground transportation of all artists.
- As requested, assist in the dissemination of CSO program and artist information to contacts internally and externally.
- Ensure acc