Morecambe, United Kingdom
- Started playing the Cornet at 8 years old in the Manx Youth Band under Mr J.Crosbie
MBE, also receiving piano and Theory lessons from Miss E. Christian MBE.
Became principal cornet in 1979 – 80 conducted by George Thompson, Walter Hargreaves and Duncan Beat of the Scots Guards. / also Edward Heath.
- LRSM [Perf] - Trumpet
- Gained Grade 8 Cornet[ Merit] and theory along with Grade 7 pianoforte.
- IOM 12 – 16 Solo Champion for 3 years.
- IOM Open Solo champion 3 years.
- Gained a Graduate Diploma in Band Musicianship at Salford training under, Roy Newsome, David Loukes, Cornet teacher, the Late David James [ ex trumpet BBC Scottish symphony Orchestra , conductor of Grimethorpe Colliery band], Goff Richards, Harry Mortimer, Elgar Howarth.
- Played Cornet for Rochdale Wilsons, Leyland DAF [ BNFL], and Kennedy Swinton Concert Brass under Dr. Dave King . 1982 – 85 / 87 – 88. PLAYING IN THE British open And National Championship section - London 1987.
- Musical Director Rainford Silver Band 1996 – 97 gaining promotion from 4th to 3rd section in 9 months.
- Musical director of numerous school orchestras /bands and musicals from 1987 – present day.
- Presently Principal Trumpet of the Haffner Orchestra.
Whilst musicalchairs makes every effort to ensure that information on our site is accurate, fair and genuine, we cannot take responsibility if it transpires that a listing has misrepresented or offended